Intensive IELTS courses at Oxford
- Our one-week super-intensive IELTS course in Oxford provides a full and thorough preparation for this challenging exam. It is for serious students who want to maximise their chances of a high score in preparation for entry to university or employment
- You will be taught the specific grammar skills for IELTS and practise exam techniques and strategies in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Maximum class size of six students
- Five 1:1 coaching and feedback sessions
- Highly experienced IELTS tutors who will provide you with the skills you need to get your best possible result.
- The course runs from Monday to Friday and has 30 hours of tuition of which 5 hours is 1:1 coaching
- Course materials provided
- Regular homework assignments
- Mock IELTS test on arrival to asses current level and specific study requirements
- Students need to be 18 years and over and be at B2 (Upper-Intermediate level) to join the course
- The course is currently available only for the academic version of the exam
- Mid-morning and afternoon refreshments and a buffet lunch are provided
- Accommodation can be arranged for you or you may make your own provision
9:00 – 10:30 Lesson one
Evaluation and feedback for previous evening’s written homework assignment.
Speaking strategies. How to incorporate complex structures into your conversation naturally and appropriately.
10:30 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:30 Lesson two
Writing focus. Strategies for handling new vocabulary and unfamiliar topics. How to paragraph effectively and sequence ideas logically. Methods for analysing graphs and charts.
12:30 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:30 Lesson three
Focus on listening skills and analysis of sample listening modules.
15:30 – 16:00 Break
16:00 – 17:30 1:1 coaching
Timed mock speaking tests with feedback on performance, highlighting areas for improvement.
Reading test for evening homework assignment.
Courses in Oxford are currently postponed. Please contact me for further details:
Copyright Charles Hooton 2016