Intensive IELTS courses at Oxford
- Our one-week super-intensive IELTS course in Oxford provides a full and thorough preparation for this challenging exam. It is for serious students who want to maximise their chances of a high score in preparation for entry to university or employment
- You will be taught the specific grammar skills for IELTS and practise exam techniques and strategies in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Maximum class size of six students
- Five 1:1 coaching and feedback sessions
- Highly experienced IELTS tutors who will provide you with the skills you need to get your best possible result.
- The course runs from Monday to Friday and has 30 hours of tuition of which 5 hours is 1:1 coaching
- Course materials provided
- Regular homework assignments
- Mock IELTS test on arrival to asses current level and specific study requirements
- Students need to be 18 years and over and be at B2 (Upper-Intermediate level) to join the course
- The course is currently available only for the academic version of the exam
- Mid-morning and afternoon refreshments and a buffet lunch are provided
- Accommodation can be arranged for you or you may make your own provision
9:00 – 10:30 Lesson one
Evaluation and feedback for previous evening’s written homework assignment.
Speaking strategies. How to incorporate complex structures into your conversation naturally and appropriately.
10:30 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:30 Lesson two
Writing focus. Strategies for handling new vocabulary and unfamiliar topics. How to paragraph effectively and sequence ideas logically. Methods for analysing graphs and charts.
12:30 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:30 Lesson three
Focus on listening skills and analysis of sample listening modules.
15:30 – 16:00 Break
16:00 – 17:30 1:1 coaching
Timed mock speaking tests with feedback on performance, highlighting areas for improvement.
Reading test for evening homework assignment.
For details of 2019 course dates and prices please contact me:
Copyright Charles Hooton 2016