IELTS Writing – expert analysis and correction
The IELTS writing paper is generally acknowledged to be the hardest element of the exam. The average band score achieved worldwide last year was 5.5 for the academic version and 5.9 for the general. But many universities, organisations and employers require a score of 7.0 or above.
This is far from easy. Not only does your writing need to be cohesive, logical and well-organised but it also must display a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures.
What I will do
- I will mark your writing and send back to you a detailed report highlighting any mistakes and suggesting corrections.
- I will include an estimate of your score in each of the four band criteria and tell you exactly how you can improve them.
- I will provide a detailed analysis advising you of where to make improvements, suggesting vocabulary and complex grammatical structures and advising you how to avoid making errors.
How it works
- I will send you by email either academic or general past papers.
- You will complete as many or as few as you wish under exam conditions and return to me.
- When I receive your PayPal payment I will mark your papers and return the corrections and analyses – usually within two days but often sooner.
- If you have any queries please contact me.
And the cost
- The cost of each correction and analysis is €25.
- This is for a complete academic or general writing paper and therefore includes both part one and part two.
- You may send me as many or as few papers as you wish. It is best to send one and wait for the report before attempting a second. That way you can learn from your mistakes, take account of my advice and make rapid improvements.
Copyright Charles Hooton 2016